About Funky Monkey Movers
‘FUNKY MONKEY MOVERS‘ is an exciting innovative programme that promotes health education for young people. Designed by Choreographer/Educator Linda Thompson-Wild BA.(Hons) Cert Ed Licentiate of the International Dance Teachers Association (LIDTA).
Funky Monkey Movers is fun packed, pedagogically bringing to life, singing, dancing, numeracy, literacy, shape and colour recognition. Children work through a series of fun exercises promoting self-confidence, social interaction, interpersonal skills, independent thought processing
Funky Monkey Movers Games include:
- Dance routines. (Working at levels suitable for the age group).
- Learning and singing along with a set of original music/songs written and designed exclusively for the programme by professional industry production team.
- Recognising shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, circle, developing further as children progress)
- Primary colour recognition
- Phonetic letter recognition
- Funky Floor Excercises
- Funky Shapes
- Funky Marches
- Funky Hopping
- Funky Runs
- Funky Monkey Mover Bunny Hops
CREATIVE IMAGINATION - ANIMALS…LIONS, CROCODILES, SNAKES Etc. FUNKY MONKEY MOVERS can be adapted for private children’s parties, Holiday camp kids corner and animation teams. In addition to educational settings.
What are the Benefits of Movement?
- Develops motor skills
- Improves cognitive development
- Contributes to a healthy weight
- Enhances bone and muscular development
- Supports learning of social skills
Physical Activity for Children
- Physical activity should be encouraged from birth, particularly through floor-based play and water-based activities in safe environments.
- All under 5s should minimise the amount of time spent being sedentary (being restrained or sitting) for extended periods (except time spent sleeping)
Regardless of what age your child is some form of physical activity is more important than you can possibly imagine.
About the Team
Linda Thompson-Wild (Founder) BA (Hons) Developing Dance Professionals; Certificate of Education; Associate and Licentiate Theatre member of the International Dance Teachers Association. Ex-Professional dancers with 23 years of teaching experience.
Kristine Dukalska (Consultant) – BA Hons Teaching Dance and Physical Theatre. Dance teacher and Lecturer of Performing Arts. Member of the United Dance Organisation; Student Teacher of the International Dance Teachers Association; HND Performing Arts. Change student teacher with International dance teachers association to Associate member of IDTA (AIDTA
Pat Devlin (Commentary, Music composed and performed) – BA (Hons) Music; Certificate of Education. Professional musician and teacher. Producer and vocalist who has worked and toured with Sony records, Columbia Records. Member of PRS and PPL. .